Reaction score
Have complied a new dump from all exam questions I have found

Sections Available

*Multiple Choice
*Drag & Drop
*Hotspot
*Yes \ No
*New Questions Incomplete

Please list any corrections with reasons, Post new questions and don't forget to say thanks

http://wikisend.com/download/378120/70-743-Microsoft.Server.2016.96q.Home.v1.2.vce

New version v1.2 with explanations on all questions I've verified, Slight Changes

Can confirm my file is 80% relevant passed the other day 59 questions , 50 from this pool. 9 New questions.

Last edited:

HomeWorld

Reaction score
Question 36 - OZ Exam

You have a Hyper-V host named Server1 that runs Windows Server 2016 and a two-node scaleout
file server cluster named Cluster1.
A virtual machine named VM1 runs on Server1.
You need to migrate the storage on VM1 to Cluster1.
Which tool should you use?
upload_2017-2-10_21-53-31.png

OZ exam answer is Hyper-V

I would lean and say this is Failover Cluster Manager?

Performing a Storage Live Migration
A Storage Live Migration can be performed for non-clustered virtual machines using Hyper-V Manager. Only Failover Cluster Manager can handle them for clustered virtual machines.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/clustering/2012/04/26/windows-server-2012-storage-migration-for-cluster-managed-virtual-machines/

http://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/hyper-v-live-migration-methods/

Last edited:

HomeWorld

Reaction score
DRAG DROP

Your network contains two Hyper-V servers named Server1 and Server2. Server1 has Windows 2012 R2 installed. Server2 has Windows Server 2016 installed.
You perform a live migration of a virtual machine named VM1 from Server1 to Server2.
You need to create a production checkpoint for VM1 on Server2.
What four cmdlets should you run in sequence? To answer, move the appropriate cmdlets from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.

Upgrade-VMVersion - Command does not exsit

Proposed Answer Explanation

Stop-VM
Update-VMVersion -
Set-VM -Name *** -CheckpointType Production
Checkpoint-VM

Correct Answer : Confirmed

Explanation:

*When a checkpoint is created, the original VHD be-
comes read-only. {Move can only be done before the checkpoint}

*By default the host attempts to create a standard checkpoint.

Set-VM -Name *** -CheckpointType Production

Last edited:

HomeWorld

Reaction score
You have an Active Directory domain that contains two Hyper-V servers named Server1 and
Server2. Server1 has Windows Server 2016 installed.
Server2 has Windows Server 2012 R2 installed. Each Hyper-V server has three network cards.
Each network card is connected to a different subnet.
Server1 contains a dedicated migration network.
Server2 contains a virtual machine named VM5.
You plan to perform a live migration of VM5 to Server1.
You need to ensure that Server1 uses all available networks to perform the live migration of VM5.
What should you run1?

Set-VMHost

Correct Answer: Confirmed

Explanation:

You can also move a VM by using Windows PowerShell and using the Move-VM cmdlet.
For example, to move a VM named VM1 to a Hyper-V server named Host2, run the following
command:

Move-VM "VM1" Host2

You must also configure a network to be used by the live migration service, which is accomplished by using the Set-VMHost cmdlet. For example:

Set-VMHost –UseAnyNetworkForMigration $true

Last edited:

Realest

Reaction score
DRAG DROP

Your network contains two Hyper-V servers named Server1 and Server2. Server1 has Windows 2012 R2 installed. Server2 has Windows Server 2016 installed.
You perform a live migration of a virtual machine named VM1 from Server1 to Server2.
You need to create a production checkpoint for VM1 on Server2.
What four cmdlets should you run in sequence? To answer, move the appropriate cmdlets from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.

View attachment 207

Upgrade-VMVersion - Command does not exsit

Proposed Answer Explanation

Why make a Checkpoint after the configuration upgrade?

View attachment 208

View attachment 209

View attachment 210

View attachment 211

Answer:

View attachment 212
IMO the first one is correct except upgrade-vm should be update-vmversion
1.Stop-VM
The virtual machine must be shut down before updating it as mentioned in your screenshot where it states
NOTE: The VM should be turned off prior to this operation (the operation Update-VMversion)
2. Set-VM
Configuring the type of checkpoint which can be made
3. Update-VMversion
Upgrading the virtual machine configuration
4. Checkpoint-VM
It clearly states: You need to create a production checkpoint for VM1 on Server2.

I think 2 and 3 can be switched

Realest

Reaction score
You have an Active Directory domain that contains two Hyper-V servers named Server1 and
Server2. Server1 has Windows Server 2016 installed.
Server2 has Windows Server 2012 R2 installed. Each Hyper-V server has three network cards.
Each network card is connected to a different subnet.
Server1 contains a dedicated migration network.
Server2 contains a virtual machine named VM5.
You plan to perform a live migration of VM5 to Server1.
You need to ensure that Server1 uses all available networks to perform the live migration of VM5.
What should you run1?

View attachment 213

Explanation:
Lets me to say answer is Set-VM

As Set-VMMigrationNetwork
View attachment 214

Not 100% sure on this but flagged as a question mark!
http://windowsitpro.com/hyper-v/enable-live-migration-using-powershell
IMO it is E because of the following

-UseAnyNetworkForMigration
Specifies how networks are selected for incoming live migration traffic. If set to $True, any available network on the host can be used for this traffic. If set to $False, incoming live migration traffic is transmitted only on the networks specified in the MigrationNetworks property of the host. The Get-VMMigrationNetwork cmdlet returns the list of networks that can be used for migration traffic.

HomeWorld

Reaction score
IMO it is E because of the following

-UseAnyNetworkForMigration
Specifies how networks are selected for incoming live migration traffic. If set to $True, any available network on the host can be used for this traffic. If set to $False, incoming live migration traffic is transmitted only on the networks specified in the MigrationNetworks property of the host. The Get-VMMigrationNetwork cmdlet returns the list of networks that can be used for migration traffic.
Interesting will look into that a bit more write on Tuesday

HomeWorld

Reaction score
Hotspot Question
You have a server named Server1 that runs Windows Server 2016.
Server1 has the Web Application Proxy role service installed.
You publish an application named App1 by using the Web Application Proxy.
You need to change the URL that users use to connect to App1 when they work remotely.
Which command should you run? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area

upload_2017-2-13_21-33-30.png
Answer Confirmed

Explanation:
Configure internal and external Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDNs) , there are two FQDN addresses that are configured with an application. The External URL is the FQDN that external users request access to when attempting to access an application. The backend server URL is the FQDN of the internal resource where the application is available. In most scenarios, these URLs should be the same. If the FQDNs are different for external and internal requests, then URL translation must also be configured to ensure requests are redirected correctly. To enable URL translation, use the Set-WebApplicationProxyApplication cmdlet. Set-WebApplicationProxyApplication –ID AppID -DisableTranslateUrlInRequestHeaders:$False

certvista

Reaction score
i am unable to open the VCE, please help me to open it, i need this one to open please

Dave Rogers

Reaction score
First, thanks to homeworld for putting together this latest VCE. In regard to question 15, looks like there should be 2 answers, but only one is selected in the VCE. I believe the appropriate answers are selected below. May need to be confirmed.

update to q15.jpg

certvista

Reaction score
Hello Dave,
I am unable to open this VCE, Please help me how to run this?

Thank You

HomeWorld

Reaction score
First, thanks to homeworld for putting together this latest VCE. In regard to question 15, looks like there should be 2 answers, but only one is selected in the VCE. I believe the appropriate answers are selected below. May need to be confirmed.

View attachment 232
Thanks Dave

Ya just captured the questions as I got them, corrections and new questions are welcome. Im writing soon but other people are welcome to keep the file up to date.

Dave Rogers

Reaction score
Thanks Dave

Ya just captured the questions as I got them, corrections and new questions are welcome. Im writing soon but other people are welcome to keep the file up to date.
Currently i dont have a way to edit the vce files otherwise id just make the change like you suggested and try to contribute a bit. Sorry.

HomeWorld

Reaction score
Currently i dont have a way to edit the vce files otherwise id just make the change like you suggested and try to contribute a bit. Sorry.
Used an old version of VCE designer for this so this file is fully editable with v1.1.2

Latest posts