SYO-401 in 2017?

Discussion in 'Security+' started by sergeant, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sergeant

sergeant Member

Greetings,

Has anyone passed SYO-401 recently? Could someone please share any valid resource (or pdf/vce file) for training? Especially I'm interesting in simulations which is a part of this exam.

Appreciate your help in advance!

2. Nightfallx

Nightfallx Member

I have recently passed it, I studied the premium dump from examcollections. I suggest studying a lot on Kerberos and radius. I had a lot of those questions.

sergeant likes this.
  3. eto1981

eto1981 Member

Dear visitor, you need to Register or Login to view links on Certify Chat.

I have recently passed it, I studied the premium dump from examcollections. I suggest studying a lot on Kerberos and radius. I had a lot of those questions.
    Can you share the test pdf.

• Nightfallx

Nightfallx Member

none of the dumps I found were even up to date. I studied the premium dump with 1700+ questions on it and only a handful was on the actual exam.

• HighPitch

HighPitch Member

none of the dumps I found were even up to date. I studied the premium dump with 1700+ questions on it and only a handful was on the actual exam.
    I think that's the case with this subject. Unlike Cisco, CompTIA actually wants you to learn the stuff. Oh the horror. :/

• stickerbush1970

SY0-501 is coming out in August....Have fun....

• sergeant

sergeant Member

Ok, I have passed it.

When dealing with CompTIA please carefuly read the question prior answering on it, don't be in a hurry! One missed word and you can select wrong answer. Actually this is also true for A+ and Network+ (the difference here is that A+ is too easy to pass and with Security+ you need to have some experience and knowledge of basic networking fundamentals)

What is required for success: learn common TCP/UDP ports, it will really help you. For preparation I have used Dulaney book from amazon and Professor Messer's videos on YouTube. This is the best free resource ( I have also watched trainings on CBT and Pluralsight and imho - professor messer is much better for understanding)

Regarding dumps, I have reviewed bunch of them - about 10 questions from various dumps were in the exam.

I would recommend you to NOT just buy/download/learn dumps only.
    Learninng answers for 1000+ questions is wrong approach for this one. Unless you just need this certificate for promo and forget about this afterwards :)

But if you are going to work with this stuff on a daily basis, understand each topic so you can explain the terms in your own words properly. After that you should pass the exam successfully.

Good Luck!

• HighPitch

HighPitch Member

Congrats, sergeant. I'm watching the Messer videos, or listening to them when I can't watch them. I also bought his course notes. I may just bite the bullet after drowning myself in that information, and see how it goes. The thought of learning a 1000+ page book isn't that appealing, and I'd rather see how I get on without it.

• candusmisheel

candusmisheel Member

Choose a sure shot way towards your success in certification exam with COMPTIA SY0-401 dumps of (Dumpspdf.com). We guarantee your success with 100% money back assurance. An exclusive collection of valid and most updated SY0-401 Questions Answers is the secret behind this assurance. So feel free to get benefits from such valuable

and enjoy brilliant success in COMPTIA exam.