70-535 feedback

Discussion in '70-534' started by Gogu, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Gogu

Gogu Member

So, after about 4 weeks of studying I managed to pass this darn exam.

I had very little hands-on experience as my day to day job does not allow me to touch production systems..so only MS labs..etc.

I used the Azure documentation for every single subject that was tested. Tons of info absorb but there is not much you can do about that.

I used as well 2 books:
    1. Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions – Exam Guide 70-535: A complete guide to passing the 70-535 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions exam

2. The "official" study book: Exam Ref 70-535 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions

Sincerely just ignore the second one, or read it via the free trial of safaribooksonline book store.

Most of the dumps are useless and have TONS of wrong answers, so don't waste your time with them.

I used the official tests from MS (about 210 questions): very good to actual learn why an answer is correct or wrong, but there are still about 4 questions that were just pure wrong. I gave them my feedback and they said they will fix it soon..don't know about that..lol

I used as well a huge bank of tests from whizlabs.com: over 350 questions. The quality varies a lot here so you must double check ALL their answers and maybe create an offline version of their questions and correct answers. I find the questions to be very useful overall, but with that huge caveat mentioned above!

I took the udemy course as well and I found it useless: just read the Azure documentation and do the labs available on MS site and you'll gain the same knowledge.

I thought the exam was 90% fair in terms of ambiguity of the questions and answers, but there were maybe 10% of the questions that were not clear at all and had too many variables to make any sense of the correct answer. Again, not many of the q , but enough to drive me crazy at the end:)

I won't post any specific q here, but if manage to score over 80% at all the practice tests listed above you should be good to go:)

maggif likes this.
  2. Kenji Miyamoto

Congrats Gogu! About the books you recommended, I noticed that the official Microsoft textbook was just released in May 23rd 2018 and the Packt version of the book was released on May 9th. Packt is still better?

For the exam, were there a lot of powershell commands like 70-533? Or is it more conceptual such as what services to use in certain scenarios?

Thanks for the tips!

3. Gogu

Gogu Member

Yep, Pakt is still better, at least for me. Not a lot of commands...very little.

4. maggif

maggif Member

Congrats on your achievement, getting through this exam is something to be proud of.
    Thanks for the directive on the MS Exam ref, I read the safarionline trial and am now reading the PACKT ref and agree with your evaluation.

I found the measureup tests quite challenging compared to other MS exams including 70-533 and am holding off attempting until I get better scores on it, are these an accurate reflection of the exam difficulty - I understood most of the 70-535 exam was now scenario based?